Awards and Honors
- AFSCME Robert J. Carico Champion of Service Award, 2008
- Missouri State Council of Firefighters Recognition, 2007
- University of Missouri Alumni Alliance Award, 2007
- SSM Cardinal Glennon Champion of Children Award, 2007
- Missouri Head Start Association Award of Appreciation, 2007
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Committed Statesperson Award, 2006
- Muleskinners Betty Saunders Elected Officeholders Award, 2006
- Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation Open Your Heart Award, 2006
- Missouri Watch Defender of Patient Safety Award, 2005
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys Champion of Justice Award, 2004
- Military Officers Association of America Certificate of Appreciation, 2004
- Hickman High School Outstanding Alumnus Award, 2003
- Missouri Votes Conservation Rising Star Award, 2003
Boards, Honors and Commissions
- First state trade mission to Cuba following commencement of U.S.-Cuba normalization process, 2015
- CrimeStoppers Board, Member, 2015
- Mid-Missouri Highsteppers, Board of Directors, Member, 2008
- Missouri Kidney Program Advisory Council, Board of Directors, Member, 2004-2008
- Prevent Child Abuse Missouri, Board of Directors, Member, 2004-2007
- American Council of Young Political Leaders, East Asia-Pacific Summit Delegate, Tokyo, Japan, 2006
- Democratic National Convention Rules Committee, Member, 2004
- Governor’s Commission on the Future of Higher Education, Member, 2004
- University of Missouri College of Education Commencement Speaker, Winter 2004
- American Council of Young Political Leaders, China Delegate, 2003
- Together Center, Inc., Board of Directors, Member, 1995-2001
- “Whither the Witness? The Federal Government’s Special Duty of Protection in Criminal Proceedings after Piechowicz v. U.S.,” 76 Cornell L. Rev. 1285 (1991).
- “The Inadequacies of the Presidential Selection Process,” Vanderbilt Undergraduate Review (1986).
- (Co-author) “Summary Appeals and Extraordinary Relief on Appeal,” Federal Civil Litigation, (Lorman Education Services 1995).
- (Co-author) “Removal to Federal Court: Issues, Practice and Procedure,” Federal Civil Litigation, (Professional Education Systems 1995).